Author Topic: Cal 4 Wheel High Desert Roundup  (Read 4254 times)

Offline Mojave Dirtball

• VV4W Member
  • VV4W Club Member
  • Never the Last Trail!
Cal 4 Wheel High Desert Roundup
« on: May 25, 2019, 01:43:27 PM »
Thank you to Cal 4 Wheel for another great High Desert Roundup Event!
Never the last trail.

Offline Mojave Dirtball

• VV4W Member
  • VV4W Club Member
  • Never the Last Trail!
Re: Cal 4 Wheel High Desert Roundup
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2019, 06:46:57 PM »
Raffle time!
Never the last trail.

Offline Jeepin Klean

• "The mountains are calling and I must go."
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2019, 05:31:41 PM »
A BIG thanks to Cal4Wheel and kudos to Alan for chairing this event. This was my first real event, and I not only had a blast, I learned a lot, on and off the trail. The effort that goes into something like this is obviously tremendous (as many of you know). You did a fantastic job, as did all of those who volunteered their time and effort for the event. I also want to give a HUGE shout out to Randy for leading the Calico run on Sunday. I'm not going to pretend that everything went perfectly, but you put in a ton of effort (seriously, you worked your ass off; I could tell from the sagging pants :D )and I want to commend you on your willingness to share your time and experience with all of the guests on this run. I, for one, had a blast, and I know a lot of the other participants did also. Thank you.
Jason & Chandra

Offline randyvw

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2019, 08:53:01 PM »
we did have a great run. since i can't remember anyone bein' a pain-in-the-a s, it must have been a good one! we had some open diffs, which i was SUPPOSED to weed out, but it wasn't too bad at all. we even went the hard way from the waterfall on doran, up to the scenic hilltop, for that photo opportunity. too bad most didn't get into any mines, as most took a turn for the worse, and missed the entrance.. it's been a while since i have been on a challenging trail, so i had a great time too......and that monster-man that was pickin' up them rocks and chuckin' them right into perfect places was an added bonus....i think i'm gonna call him the incredible bulk(but not to his FACE, of coarse).....goin' postal!(right hand drive)....some of the participants SEEMED to enjoy thierselves too, which is an added bonus. jeepin kleen handled hisself like a pro, i had no idea he hasn't been jeepin' that long......just remember to SAY NO TO CRACK!......and BTW, it SEEMED like there were a LOT of participants at this years event, so it was even a lil more complicated than usual, so more kudos to management!
Lead, follow, or get the h*ll out'a the way.....and remember what mark twain said "if you don't read the internet you're uninformed....if you DO read the internet, you're misinformed."
randy w.

Offline randyvw

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2019, 08:43:30 AM »
oh, and let's not forget who did that trail with 33's!
Lead, follow, or get the h*ll out'a the way.....and remember what mark twain said "if you don't read the internet you're uninformed....if you DO read the internet, you're misinformed."
randy w.