Author Topic: May 17th Ice Cream (anti)Social  (Read 1381 times)

Offline Jeepin Klean

• "The mountains are calling and I must go."
May 17th Ice Cream (anti)Social
« on: May 15, 2020, 10:06:22 AM »
Hey everyone! Hope this message finds everyone in good health and good spirits. It seems that some restrictions are being lifted, and I know some of you have gotten together already, so it seems like a good time to break the ice and invite anyone who’s interested on a trail run. We’ll be traveling 2N49, Sugarpine Mountain/Monument Peak, from Silverwood to San Bernardino (and back, for those who are up for extra dirt time) on Sunday afternoon. This is an easy trail that can be run by any 4WD vehicle, though there is a stretch where pinstripes are probable. We will meet up in the parking lot of the old OSH, at the corner of Main and C, in Hesperia. We can still practice social distancing by wearing a mask or buff or bandana, while avoiding physical contact; or staying in your rig and communicating by radio ( I will use both CB channel 4 and UHF/VHF frequency 462.575) if you are so inclined. Be gassed up and ready to roll at 1pm. Near the southern end of the trail you can grab a treat from Dairy Queen or Starbucks (both have drive thru service) before the return trip. Depending on the weather, we can take in a couple scenic spots along the way. The trip is 1 1/2-2 hours each way, so we should be home for dinner. Looking forward to getting together again!
Jason & Chandra

Offline RG89XJ

• VV4W Club Member
Re: May 17th Ice Cream (anti)Social
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2020, 08:21:33 PM »
Glad to see someone putting something together. I wish i could go but my jeep is under construction. Hope you get a good turnout and have a safe and fun day.

Offline Kkanackbox

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2020, 08:25:33 AM »
Just ran that trail yesterday.   Lots of overgrowth. A whole new level of pinstripes. The north spur back down to Silverwood lake is blocked by a couple of trees. I shut the gate and left a note. Warning people.  Pike Mtn the other option from the top monument. Is also blocked by a couple of trees. The trail has been shut down for a year and it shows.    We traveled    2n49 (Bailey Canyon) All the way to San Bernardino and up the pass due to darkness.     Have a great run.
Nick and Marysue...

Offline renegade

• VV4W Club Member
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2020, 02:18:48 PM »
Sounds like fun we ase going to try to make it, I am down for for some added pinstripes.
Mike & Bonnie

Offline Kurts TJ

• VV4W Club Member
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2020, 04:13:56 PM »
I try to be there.
No bad days...let's go wheelin'

Kurt & Rebecca

Offline RWMWJK

• Officer
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2020, 05:17:42 AM »
Mary and I are in, see ya there.
Rex and Mary

Offline Mojave Dirtball

• VV4W Member
  • VV4W Club Member
  • Never the Last Trail!
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2020, 05:58:40 AM »
Sounds like fun but spent yesterday in Stoddard Valley and have chores to which I must attend today. Have fun.
Never the last trail.

Offline dzimmer

• Officer
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2020, 06:38:53 AM »
Sounds like fun, but I can’t make it.
I hope to see everyone next weekend.
Don & Ann Zimmer

Offline Rolln Rwk

• VV4W Club Member
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2020, 11:03:21 AM »
Maricel and I will be there if I can figure out what/where OSH was. Im sure we'll see jeeps, radio on chnnl 4
Dave & Maricel